Our Junior Counselors participate in our Camper in Leadership Training program at camp. Being a Junior Counselor at camp is a wonderful way to spend the summer – developing many invaluable life skills!
Former Junior Counselors say that their time at summer camp was very helpful when applying to jobs, colleges or other leadership roles. Many Junior Counselors use their experience at camp to fulfill any school-required community service hours. Junior Counselors need to be current 9th or 10th graders.
There are Junior Counselor positions available in the following camps:
- PRE-CAMP for ages 3 to 5 (entering kindergarten)
- DAY CAMP for ages 6 to 10 (through 5th grade)
- TSC TOO! for ages 5 to 9 (through 3rd grade)
Positions are available for group junior counselors, swim junior counselors, and horseback riding junior counselors!
Junior Counselors must commit to working one full session. Sessions range from 4 weeks to 6 weeks long.
If you are interested in our Camper in Leadership Training program at Tom Sawyer Camps:
Step 1 Fill out the Junior Counselor application (link will be live mid January 2020).
Step 2 is to attend one of our Junior Counselor group interviews held on Thursdays in the spring.
What are the dates that you need to be available?
- Pre Camp or Day Camp Session I: June 15 through July 24 (6 weeks).
- Pre Camp or Day Camp Session II: July 27 through August 14 (3 weeks).
- TSC TOO! Session I: June 15 through July 10 (4 weeks).
- TSC TOO! Session I: July 13 through August 7 (4 weeks).
TSC has mandatory training dates for all Junior Counselors. Training dates typically start the two weeks prior to the first day of camp and run up until the start of camp. (June 6- June 13)
If you are interested in receiving an email when the link goes live or have any questions about the Junior Counselor Program, please call our office at (626) 794-1156