Our Junior Counselors (Counselors in Leadership Training) are volunteers at camp. Volunteering at camp is a wonderful way to spend the summer – developing many invaluable life skills!
Former Junior Counselors say that their volunteer summer camp experience was very helpful when applying to job, colleges or other leadership roles. Many Junior Counselors use their volunteer experience at camp to fulfill any school-required community service hours. Junior Counselors need to have completed 9th or 10th grade.
There are Junior Counselor positions available in the following camps:
- PRE-CAMP for ages 3 to 5 (entering kindergarten)
- DAY CAMP for ages 6 to 10 (through 5th grade)
- TSC TOO! for ages 5 to through 3rd grade
Positions are available for group junior counselors, swim junior counselors, and horseback riding junior counselors!
Junior Counselors must commit to working one full session. Sessions range from 4 weeks to 6 weeks long.
If you are interested in becoming a Junior Counselor at Tom Sawyer Camps:
Step 1 is to call or email us for a JC application (bottom of page). Fill out the application and return it.
Step 2 is to attend one of our three Junior Counselor group interviews held on Saturdays in the spring.
What are the dates that you need to be available?
- Pre Camp or Day Camp Session I: June 19 through July 28 (6 weeks).
- Pre Camp or Day Camp Session II: July 31 through August 25 (4 weeks).
- TSC TOO! Session I: June 19 through July 14 (4 weeks).
- TSC TOO! Session I: July 17 through August 11 (4 weeks).
TSC has mandatory training dates for all Junior Counselors. Training dates typically start the two weeks prior to the first day of camp and run up until the start of camp. A detailed list will be mailed with our Junior Counselor application packet.