Our Junior Counselors participate in our Campers in Leadership Training program at camp. Being a Junior Counselor at camp is a wonderful way to spend the summer – developing many invaluable life skills!
Former Junior Counselors say that their time at summer camp experience was very helpful when applying to jobs, colleges or other leadership roles. Many Junior Counselors use their experience at camp to fulfill any school-required community service hours. Junior Counselors need to be current 9th or 10th graders.
There are Junior Counselor positions available in the following camps:
- PRE-CAMP for ages 3 to 5 (entering kindergarten)
- DAY CAMP for ages 6 to 10 (through 5th grade)
- TSC TOO! for ages 5 to 9 (through 3rd grade)
Positions are available for group junior counselors, swim junior counselors, and horseback riding junior counselors!
Junior Counselors must commit to working one full session. Sessions range from 4 weeks to 6 weeks long.
If you are interested in our Campers in Leadership Training program at Tom Sawyer Camps:
Step 1 Fill out the Junior Counselor application (link at the bottom of this page).
Step 2 is to attend one of our Junior Counselor group interviews held on Thursdays in the spring.
What are the dates that you need to be available?
- Pre Camp or Day Camp Session I: June 18 through July 27 (6 weeks).
- Pre Camp or Day Camp Session II: July 30 through August 17 (3 weeks).
- TSC TOO! Session I: June 18 through July 13 (4 weeks).
- TSC TOO! Session I: July 16 through August 10 (4 weeks).
TSC has mandatory training dates for all Junior Counselors. Training dates typically start the two weeks prior to the first day of camp and run up until the start of camp.