For Campers currently in 5th-8th Grade
Outpost is 9 weeks long broken into 1 and 2 week sessions. Camp day is 9:15 – 3:45.
Outpost provides campers with the opportunity to embark on new adventures in a positive, relaxed, and fun environment with sensitive, mature counselors. This is a challenging adventure program designed to provide a more rugged and varied approach to the Tom Sawyer Camp day.
While campers ride horses and swim in the traditional Tom Sawyer programs, the emphasis of Outpost is on the climbing wall, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, and our challenging high ropes course taught by our staff at local sites. In each activity, campers progress through basic skills and safety procedures as they grow and challenge themselves within their own comfort level. Many lasting friendships are formed in Outpost, and a number of Tom Sawyer staff members were once Outpost campers. Campers are grouped by age in coed groups of 14-16 led by a Senior Counselor and an Assistant Counselor.
- Activities include Rock Climbing, High Ropes, Challenge Course, Stand Up Paddle Board, Kayaks, Horseback riding, Swimming, Axe Throwing, Beach Trips, Activities/Wilderness Living, Group Games, and so much more!
- Not every activity is done every day.
- Outpost swims with a 3:1 camper to counselor supervision ratio.
- Campers are swim tested on the first day and evaluated regularly thereafter.
- All pool staff are certified by the American Red Cross as Lifeguards, including First Aid, CPR and AED certifications and conduct regular drills throughout the summer.
- Outpost Campers do not have lessons while at the pool but instead play organized group activities in the pool with their group counselors and swim staff.
- Bring Lunch, Snacks, (lunch not provided).